Environmental Policy Statement
As designers and manufacturers of geotechnical and structural monitoring instrumentation, Soil Instruments recognises the potential for environmental impact at every stage of our operations.
Soil Instruments is committed to complying with all relevant legislation, the prevention of pollution, and continual improvement of our environmental performance.
Soil Instruments is determined to incorporate good environmental practices into all aspects of aspects of our operations. To deliver on our commitment we shall:
- Minimise waste by re-using or recycling as much waste as possible.
- Provide an environmental management system and associated procedures that are relevant to the nature and scale of work undertaken.
- Maintain an environmental management system in accordance with statutory regulations.
- Identify the environmental aspects and impacts of our operations, in particular those which are governed by law and best practice.
- Ensure that staff is aware of the environmental management system, associated procedures, and the potential environmental impacts of their work activities and how these impacts are minimised.
- Engage employees, clients, contractors, and suppliers to achieve good environmental practices.
- Review and revise as necessary the environmental management system or elements of the system, to ensure it remains relevant and fit for purpose.
It is the responsibility of each and every one of us to achieve a limited environmental impacted work environment. Towards this, Soil Instruments’ employees are responsible for complying with the environmental management system.
Health & Safety Policy Statement
Soil Instruments is committed to ensure the health and safety(H&S) of our employees, contractors, visitors and our other business partners.
To deliver on our commitments we shall:
- Ensure that H&S is a central aspect of our operations and demonstrate a commitment to preventing injury and ill-health so far as is reasonably practicable.
- Provide H&S management system that is relevant to the nature and scale of work undertaken along with the safe systems of work, safe work equipment and safe working environment.
- Comply with all applicable health and safety legislation.
- Maintain a H&S management system in accordance with statutory regulations.
- Communicate relevant parts of the H&S management system to all employees and other relevant personnel as appropriate.
- Engage employees, and other relevant personnel as appropriate, to achieve H&S commitment.
- Continually strive to improve our H&S performance and management system and set measurable objectives.
- Monitor and measure H&S performance.
- Review and revise as necessary the H&S management system to maintain its relevance.
- Work with our H&S competence provider Arinite, to ensure that our H&S management system remains robust and compliant with current legislation and statutory regulations.
It is the responsibility of each and every one of us to achieve a healthy and safe work environment. Towards this, Soil Instruments’ employees are responsible for complying with the H&S management system and to take reasonable care of their own H&S and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
Quality Policy Statement
Soil Instruments strategic goal is to be the number one brand for premium quality geotechnical and monitoring instruments.
Soil Instruments is committed to providing customers with innovative products, services and solutions that meet their needs. We aim to meet and exceed customer expectations and our management systems play a critical role in achieving this.
At Soil Instruments we are passionate about achieving quality excellence and aim to have a Quality Management System that exceeds the requirements of ISO 9001:2015. We believe that meeting these standards not only demonstrates our commitment to our customers, employees and other interested parties, but is also a critical factor in the success of the company as viewed by our customers.
The key elements to successful implementation of our management system are:
- A total commitment to quality from senior management right down through the business;
- The recruitment, retention and development of experienced, professional, well trained and informed staff;
- Fully documented and communicated user-friendly processes, procedures and controls;
- A ‘top down’ ethos of continual improvement which is embraced at all levels of the organisation;
- Fulfilling all necessary legal and regulatory requirements, whilst implementing best practice.
- Fulfilling the expectations and needs of our customers.
Our objectives have been established, monitored and are regularly reviewed in order to deliver the requirements of our business plan.
At each management review, objectives, targets and improvements are reviewed and where necessary changes made or action plans implemented to meet the on-going needs of Soil Instruments and our customers.
Our employees are one of Soil Instruments’ greatest assets and for them to assist the company in meeting its objectives we ensure that suitable communication and consultation takes place with them. We will ensure that sufficient resources and suitable processes remain in place and we will monitor performance against objectives and specified targets using relevant KPIs.
The management team and I will ensure that our system is communicated and understood at all levels of the organisation and that it continues to deliver for our customers’ objectives and meets the needs of the company.